West Palm Beach Uber Accident Lawyers
If you’ve been in an Uber accident, reach out to the West Palm Beach Uber accident lawyers at Smith & Vanture, LLP today. Making an insurance claim following an Uber accident can sometimes be complex. Uber offers different levels of coverage for its drivers, with the kind of coverage provided being highly dependent on whether the driver was carrying a passenger, driving with the application on, or driving his or her vehicle for personal use. The aftermath of an Uber accident can be difficult enough, even before you begin to navigate the complexities of the insurance claims process. You and your family may be struggling to pay medical expenses, recover from injuries, and move forward with your life. Leave navigating the insurance claims process to someone who is familiar with it. Smith & Vanture, LLP are Uber accident lawyers in West Palm Beach, Florida who can help you make a claim, whether you were an Uber passenger, another driver involved in a crash with an Uber, or a pedestrian or bicyclist struck by an Uber.
Understanding Uber’s Insurance Policy
When making a personal injury claim, a major aspect of many claims involves seeking a recovery from the at-fault driver’s insurance coverage. Fortunately, if you were injured as a passenger while riding an Uber, Uber’s insurance policy is robust. From the moment an Uber driver accepts a ride request to the moment the driver drops the passenger off at his or her destination, Uber’s $1 million insurance policy goes into effect. If the driver gets into an accident when this policy kicks in, both driver and passengers are covered. Additionally, if the driver gets into an accident with another vehicle, third parties may also be protected under Uber’s $1 million policy. In order for Uber’s $1 million policy to cover an accident, the Uber driver must be found liable for the crash. However, if the Uber driver is not liable for the crash and the other driver doesn’t have sufficient insurance or is uninsured, Uber’s underinsured or uninsured motorist coverage will go into effect. This coverage also protects drivers and Uber passengers from hit and run accidents.
Uber’s insurance coverage also covers drivers and third-party accidents, if the Uber driver had the application turned on at the time of an accident and was waiting for a ride request. While Uber’s insurance in this circumstance may not cover the driver, the policy will cover injuries to third parties if the Uber driver was at fault for the crash. The insurance covers each person in an accident up to $50,000 per person, up to a total of $100,000 in damages. This policy also covers property damage up to $25,000. If the other driver was at fault for the crash, injured individuals must make a claim with the other driver’s insurance. If the Uber driver was at fault for the crash, the driver may be required to make a claim with his or her insurance for injuries he or she sustained.
Uber accident claims can get complex if Uber’s insurance denies a claim. For example, Uber’s insurance policy may deny a claim if the Uber driver was using his or her vehicle for personal use (the application was not turned on and/or there was no passenger in the vehicle). A driver’s private insurance may not cover the driver if the private policy provider learns that the Uber driver was using his or her vehicle for commercial purposes. Many car insurance companies refuse to provide coverage for vehicles that are used for commercial purposes. Uber drivers must generally purchase commercial insurance coverage for their vehicles to be covered.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in an Uber accident in West Palm Beach, Florida, you may have many questions. Untangling the web of liability and insurance claims requirements following an Uber accident can be incredibly complex. An Uber accident attorney in West Palm Beach, Florida like Smith & Vanture, LLP can review the details of your case, estimate the value of your claim, and file a claim against appropriate insurance policies and parties. Leave the complex claims process to Smith & Vanture, LLP and focus on healing today.
I Was in An Uber Accident in West Palm Beach, Florida
If you were in an Uber accident in West Palm Beach, Florida, you may have many questions and concerns. What should you do if you were in an Uber accident, either as a driver, as a passenger, or as another driver involved in a crash with an Uber? Here are some things to keep in mind:
- First, you should always call the police to make a police report. Even if the accident seems minor and there appear to be no injuries, it is important to remember that sometimes injuries can take days or weeks before they become apparent. Certain kinds of brain injuries may not always be symptomatic at the time of your crash. Always call the police and get a police report after any crash.
- While waiting for the police to arrive, exchange information with all parties in the accident, and write down the names and contact information of any witnesses. If there is damage to your vehicle or if you’ve suffered visible injuries, and have a camera, take photos of your injuries and take photos of all damage.
- If you’ve been hurt after an Uber accident, it is important to seek proper medical care as soon as possible.
- You’ll also need to report the accident to your insurer. However, when reporting the accident, you do not have to explain details, like who was at fault or what happened.
- If you have questions about the insurance claims process, contact a qualified Uber crash attorney, like the lawyers at Smith & Vanture, LLP in West Palm Beach, Florida. Our lawyers can review the details of your case and help you get the best possible recovery permitted under the law.
- In the aftermath of a crash, Uber drivers may also need to report their accident to Uber. If you are not the Uber driver, it may be important to report the crash to Uber, just in case the driver fails to do so. Gathering as much details as possible at the scene of the accident can make this process easier.
The claims process after an Uber accident can be complicated, but you and your family don’t have to navigate the process alone. Contact Smith & Vanture, LLP, Uber accident lawyers in West Palm Beach, Florida today to learn more about your options and rights under the law. We can help you understand which insurance policies may be valid in your situation and can go about the process of investigating which insurers are responsible for handling your Uber accident claim. We can speak to adjusters, fight to help you get the best possible recovery under the law, and present evidence, if needed. Sometimes insurance adjusters may use estimates or computer programs to estimate the value of a claim. Having a West Palm Beach Uber crash lawyer on your side can make a big difference in helping you get the claim you may deserve in West Palm Beach, Florida. Reach out to Smith & Vanture, LLP today at 561-684-6330 or call us toll-free at 800-443-4529.