Smith and Vanture Law Firm can assist WestlakeFlorida accident victims with insurance claims and necessary legal action.
The negative effect of an accident permeates every aspect of a person’s life if it is not fully addressed in a timely manner. It is best to contact qualified injury lawyers in Westlake Florida when life-altering events, often caused by someone else’s negligent acts, result in long-lasting personal injury, damage loss, or wrongful death casualty. Westlake FL personal injury lawyers at the Law Firm of Smith & Vanture will work for individuals suffering from acute and chronic personal injury, extreme financial loss, and/or the loss of a loved one after an accident.
Florida accident insurance laws provide for compensation, based on degrees of injury and property damage, when an injured party shares partial fault, or no fault for an accident. Skilled Florida injury attorneys can take steps to assist victims recover the highest damage compensation award possible. Insurance adjusters may often use formulas that result in lower insurance settlements to close out claims quickly, but personal injury attorneys can review industry-standard processes utilized for damage valuations of property, residual bodily harm, and wrongful death, and make certain they represent resultant compensatory and punitive damages to cover victim’s losses.
- Compensatory damages. An accident attorney in Westlake Florida can ensure both types of compensatory damages including economic damages for present and future lost wages, medical bills, present and future medical care, household expenses; and non-economic damages for pain and suffering, or loss of companionship are addressed in a settlement award.
- Punitive damages. When a case can be proven to show that a defendant deliberately, with reckless disregard, acted in a manner to cause harm to another individual, punitive damages may be awarded in discrete situations.
Statute of limitations in Westlake Florida.
Westlake FL Auto accident lawyers are instrumental in the fiscal recovery of damages caused by motor vehicle, personal injury, premises liability, medical malpractice, and worker’s on-the-job accidental injuries. Florida law states that a person has four years to file a personal injury lawsuit for damages caused by accidents and negligence from the date of the injury, or knowledge of the injury. Individuals filing a medical malpractice claim have a shorter time to file at two years from the date of injury, or knowledge of the injury and wrongful death claims in Westlake FL must be filed within two years. An attorney can guide individuals of any deviations from that timeline.
Motor vehicle accidents in Westlake Florida.
Florida Roadway accidents may be caused by blatant negligent acts, such as reckless driving, distracted driving, or driving under the influence, resulting in criminal action and civil lawsuits. Experienced Westlake Florida car accident attorneys will know how to proceed with a complex accident case by addressing criminal components, insurance policy limitations, degrees of fault and the severity of the accident damages toward a timely comprehensive award.
Florida is a “no fault” insurance state regarding accidents and accident victims can seek compensation from their own insurance, unless injuries meet the serious injury threshold necessitating car accident lawyers to initiate a lawsuit to determine fault for increased damages. The recovery of comprehensive award damages is contingent upon Westlake Florida auto accident attorneys proving that another individual, or entity was the cause of the injury and owed a duty of care to the victim.
Personal injury claims in Westlake Florida.
Personal injury accidents occur in any setting, as a result of the action, or inaction of another, and a victim may be able to recover compensation if fault and/or liability is proven.
- Premises liability in Westlake Florida. When mishaps occur on private property, a victim may take legal action with the assistance of Florida accident attorneys who must prove that poor conditions on a property caused the harm through improper maintenance, upkeep, or due to interactions with occupants on the premises. The responsibility of the property owner depends on the standard of care owed to the injured person, which is based on the reason for their presence on the property. When a person is invited to a property, they are owed a duty of care, but if someone is trespassing and becomes injured, they may not be owed that duty. Florida injury attorneys can help file a claim against a homeowners’ insurance, or initiate legal action when applicable.
- Medical malpractice in Westlake Florida. Medical malpractice occurs when someone is injured while under the care of a health care provider. Florida has a $500,000 cap on non-economic damages in medical malpractice lawsuits against practitioners, or one million if a person dies, or is left in a vegetative state. A number of exceptions are noted in the statute, so it is best to check with legal counsel, because each case is unique.
- Workers’ compensation in Westlake Florida. Filing a workers’ compensation claim with the Florida Division of Workers’ Compensation may be necessary with the assistance of personal injury lawyers when someone is injured at work, or contracts a job-related illness. Injuries may be caused by an accident, or event that results in a physical injury, a medical condition that develops over time caused by repetitious use of a body part, or a condition associated with the workplace environment.
Wrongful death claims in Westlake Florida.
A wrongful death legal action can be brought by loved ones when a person dies because of the negligent, reckless, or deliberate act of another. Florida auto accident lawyers can successfully represent individuals who lost a loved one to a motor vehicle accident in the State of Florida, where 399,820 accidents resulted in 3,133 deaths in 2018. Auto accident attorneys in Westlake FL can answer questions about how to approach harmful loss through damages that may include:
- Medical bills and burial expenses
- Compensation for lost wages
- Compensation for pain and suffering
- Punitive damages that are intended to punish the person who caused the death.
Legal action after an accident in Westlake Florida.
Accident victims should contact experienced personal injury attorneys at Smith & Vanture to discuss actions toward a swift and comprehensive monetary award. Legal representation assures a victim’s best outcome through courtroom appearances, or against an insurance company’s legal team to accomplish a swift and fair monetary settlement for accident victims.
Smith & Vanture Accident and Injury Law Firm
580 Village Blvd #200
West Palm Beach, FL 33409