Car Accident Lawyers in Tallahassee, Florida
According to the Centers for Disease Control, 30,000 people are killed in crashes each year. In Florida alone, car accident deaths resulted in $32 million lost in medical expenses and another $2.99 billion in lost work costs. These figures don’t begin to account for the people who survive car accidents, who then live with disability or struggle to recover from serious injuries. If you or someone you love was seriously hurt in a car accident in Tallahassee, Florida, you may have the right to recover damages for your medical costs, rehabilitation expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages, in addition to seeking compensation for damage to your vehicle. When other drivers break the law, speed, drink and drive, or text and drive, they put everyone on the road in danger. Victims and families might be entitled to seek damages from drivers whose negligence resulted in a crash.
Smith & Vanture is a car accident law firm in Tallahassee, Florida that works with victims and families to help them seek damages for their losses after a crash. You may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law following a car accident. Reach out to Smith & Vanture, car accident lawyers in Tallahassee, Florida today.
Causes of Car Accidents in Tallahassee, Florida
The vast majority of car accidents are the result of human error. When people make mistakes behind the wheel, accidents can occur. What are some common causes of car accidents?
- Distracted Driving. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, distracted driving resulted in 3,166 deaths in 2017 alone. These numbers don’t account for the many more people who end up injured due to distracted driving. Distracted driving can include texting and driving, plugging directions into a car’s GPS, changing music on a car or phone entertainment system, or engaging in any other action that takes your attention off the road. Proving distracted driving can be challenging—but not impossible. A car accident lawyer like the attorneys at Smith & Vanture in Tallahassee, Florida may be able to review the other driver’s social media postings, look at online activity (if possible), speak to witnesses, look at video evidence, and evaluate whether the other driver was distracted behind the wheel.
- Drunk Driving. The choice to drink and drive or to use drugs and drive is incredibly dangerous. According to Mothers Against Drunk Driving, approximately 300,000 people are injured in drunk driving crashes each year. If drunk driving was the cause of your accident, you and your family might be able to seek damages for your medical bills, lost wages, rehabilitation costs, and pain and suffering. Reach out to Smith & Vanture, a car accident law firm in Tallahassee, Florida today.
- Speed kills. A driver that is speeding will need more time to stop his or her vehicle. Higher speed accidents can also result in more serious injuries. If you or someone you love was hurt in a speeding accident, the car accident lawyers at Smith & Vanture in Tallahassee, Florida may be able to investigate the speeds that might have been involved in your crash, and may be able to help you seek damages for your accident.
- Running Red Lights and Stop Signs. When cars and drivers run red lights or stop signs, unsuspecting victims can get hurt. If you were hurt in a car accident because another driver ran a red light or stop sign, you may have the right to seek damages for your injuries. Smith & Vanture is a car accident law firm in Tallahassee, Florida that may be able to help you.
- Breaking the Law. The rules of the road are in place to protect drivers. Changing lanes without signaling, improper turns, and other violations of the law, can lead to accidents.
- Reckless Driving. Drag racing, or other activities that involve using a car for anything other than its intended purpose can put others on the road in danger. If you were hurt as a bystander to another driver’s reckless driving or road rage, you may have the right to seek damages for your losses.
- Teen drivers can make mistakes that can lead to accidents. When teen drivers are involved in crashes, their parents might be held responsible for damages they cause. Smith & Vanture is a car accident law firm in Tallahassee, Florida that can review the circumstances of your crash and fight for your rights if an inexperienced driver led to your injuries or losses.
- Poor Road Conditions. Construction companies as well as cities and municipalities have a responsibility to properly maintain roads and to warn road users about potential hazards. Road debris, uneven road surfaces, or other poor road conditions can lead to accidents. If you have been hurt due to poor road conditions, you and your family may be able to seek damages for your losses. Reach out to the car accident lawyers at Smith & Vanture in Tallahassee, Florida today.
These are just some of the causes of car crashes in Tallahassee, Florida. If another driver’s actions behind the wheel resulted in your crash, you may be entitled to seek damages or have the right to make an insurance claim. Smith & Vanture is a car accident law firm in Tallahassee, Florida that may be able to help you with various aspects of your claim. We may be able to negotiate with insurance adjusters to help you get the settlement you may deserve or can negotiate with negligent parties to fight to help you get the recovery you may deserve under the law.