Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Tallahassee, Florida
Were you or was someone you love injured in a motorcycle accident in Tallahassee, Florida? According to the Insurance Information Institute, 5,286 people died in motorcycle accidents in 2016. When motorcycle accidents happen, individuals are 28 times more likely to suffer deadly injuries than those riding in passenger vehicles. Motorcycle riders don’t have the protective chassis of a vehicle to prevent them from suffering serious injuries. This can make a motorcycle accident far more severe than a crash involving two passenger vehicles. Unfortunately, all it takes is a little mistake on the part of a passenger vehicle driver to result in serious injuries for a motorcyclist. A rear-end collision, a left turn accident, or poor road conditions can be deadly or result in serious injuries. If you have suffered a serious injury in a motorcycle accident, you may have rights. Victims may have the right to seek damages to cover their medical costs, rehabilitation expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Smith & Vanture is a motorcycle accident law firm in Tallahassee, Florida that may be able to assist you with seeking the claim you may deserve.
The popular media may portray motorcycle riders as risk-takers and dare-devils. The reality is that motorcycle riders often take the time to train themselves in road safety and they can often be among the most knowledgeable road users when it comes to risks and dangers of driving and riding. When accidents occur, riders might have to challenge biases that insurance adjusters, the police, and the general public might hold about motorcyclists. If you have been hurt in a motorcycle accident in Tallahassee, Florida, reach out to the motorcycle accident lawyers at Smith & Vanture today. Our firm can work to identify negligent parties and fight to help you get the settlement you may deserve.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Tallahassee, Florida
A variety of factors could be involved in a motorcycle accident, but when another driver makes a mistake, victims can suffer serious injuries. What are some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents? Here are a few:
- Left Turn Accidents. When motor vehicle drivers were at fault for a motorcycle accident, left turn errors were commonly cited as contributing to the accident. When drivers are making left turns, they might be watching for other cars in oncoming lanes, and they may not be watching for motorcyclists.
- Rear-end Collisions. Rear-end collisions can be dangerous in any vehicle type, but when they happen and the vehicle being rear-ended is a motorcyclist, the results can be deadly because the rider doesn’t have the chassis of a vehicle to protect him or her. Driver distraction, drunk driving, and speeding can all lead to rear-end collisions involving motorcyclists.
- Road Debris. Garbage, or objects fallen off of other vehicles can pose a hazard to all road users, but they can pose a particular hazard to motorcyclists who don’t have the chassis of a vehicle to protect them. Uneven road surfaces or poorly-maintained roads can also pose a serious danger to motorcyclists because they can lead to lost control. When construction companies fail to warn about road hazards or debris, or when cities and municipalities fail to maintain roads, they could be held accountable for accidents.
- Speed kills and can result in more serious accidents, but when a speeding vehicle collides with a motorcyclist, the consequences can be tragic.
- Run Red Lights and Stop Signs. When drivers roll through red lights or stop signs, they might be watching for cars, but may miss the lower-profile of a rider on a motorcycle. If a driver ran a stop sign or red light and struck you while you were riding on your motorcycle, you may have rights under the law.
- Broken Laws. Distracted driving. Drunk driving. Improper turns. Improper lane changes. Speeding. The laws are in place to protect everyone on the road. When drivers break the law, accidents can occur.
These are just a few of the causes of motorcycle accidents. If you or someone you love was hurt in a motorcycle crash in Tallahassee, Florida, the motorcycle accident lawyers at Smith & Vanture may be able to help. You may only have a limited amount of time to seek justice. Contact our attorneys today to learn more.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Tallahassee, Florida
Motorcycle accidents can lead to riders suffering a range of serious injuries. Motorcycle riders might be more at risk of suffering traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and other serious injuries that can lead to death or disability because riders are more exposed to the road and elements. What are some common motorcycle accident injuries?
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Road Rash
- Broken Bones
- Internal Injuries
- Neck Injuries
These are just some of the injury types victims can suffer in a motorcycle crash. If you or someone you love was hurt, you may have the right to seek damages to cover your medical bills, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering. You may also be entitled to seek damages to cover damage to your motorcycle. If you have questions about your rights, reach out to the motorcycle accident law firm of Smith & Vanture in Tallahassee, Florida.